Community Events

Click on photograph to enlarge
The dedication of plaque noting the original location of the estate called Montpelier, General Henry Knox's mansion, that was razed in 1872 to make room for the Knox & Lincoln Railroad

Click on photograph to enlarge
This marker is sited near the Thomaston Historical Society building, which was behind the actual mansion whose original foundation is under the wood shingled business office of the boat yard across the railroad tracks from the society's building.


Copyright © 2006 Catnip Graphics
This web site is provided courtesy of Midcoast Internet Solutions

Web site designed by Catnip Graphics. Please send comments to Last update: May 2011